View Single Post
Old
09-14-2013, 06:46 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 552
I wouldn't want to see Gagne here on a try-out. People are pissed off now, imagine the discussion when it's apparent that he wouldn't have made the team. They re-signed Hall, they signed Raffl, they think McGinn and Laughton are NHL players, and nobody moved off the roster among those who you'd consider depth players aside from Fedotenko and Knuble who were never coming back. Couturier and Brayden Schenn need bigger roles (and it seems Schenn is going to be a full-time winger) Would love to know how exactly Gagne felt he would have fit on the team, they already had too many bodies in camp.

Holmgren should have been up front about the intentions, if he ever was. It didn't sound like there was ever some kind of promise, just that Gagne was going to have to wait to see if the Flyers would even make it work.

In turn, Gagne helped put himself in a position to be left holding the bag when he instructed his agent to not talk to other teams, especially when it became apparent that Holmgren wasn't actively working to make sure the room was there. After all, he did force Gagne's hand when he was traded, but all was quiet when Gagne came back and was waiting for a contract. My memory might be foggy from the summer, but I'm sure at some point, someone in the media claimed Holmgren told Gagne to do what he thought he had to do.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote