Thread: Flyers Carnival
View Single Post
Old
09-15-2013, 01:10 AM
iHeartHockey31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
It was not as busy last year as the year before -- with the lock out. (Lot of mad fans, it seems)

The year before, the lines were crazy due to Jagr. I missed the Jagr autograph tickets, but got a Jagr photo ticket. There was some overflow from the autograph line. Five people with pre purchased tickets didn't get their signatures. So, they brought them over to the photo line, before he even sat down.

I was standing right there as he signed, and I asked the lady if I could just give her the photo tickets, and get my stuff signed instead. She allowed it. That was cool to meet him.

I managed to catch him again in Dallas for a jersey to be signed.
I think one of the reasons it may not have been as busy was because they had a season ticket holder event [which they usually hold in the fall] the same week. All of the player autographs were free at the season ticket holder event. Normally they're a few months apart so people would go to both, but my Dad & I went to the STH one & got a bunch of stuff signed & even though we had tickets for the carnival [2 days later], there wasn't really a reason to go. I think a lot of the STH people ended up doing the same thing.

Being the event was for charity I don't think being mad about the lockout would have stopped people from going. If it was profiting the team I could see it. If the season hadn't been shortened, the events wouldn't have been so close together. [I think they did them both the same week when the team had an extended home-stay.

iHeartHockey31 is offline   Reply With Quote