View Single Post
Old
09-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
If the forwards actually go to the net more this year that would be a good thing I would think. The team will score more goals. There will probably be a few more injuries or players banged up as well. Anyway among the many reasons why are pwp has been dysfunctional for a while is nobody screening the goalie or giving the defense a hard time. Callahan has been one of the more willing. Sometimes I'd see Zucc in there but Zucc's got the problem of staying there and not being flattened by the behemoths. I think it's one of the reasons Hagelin was not a go to guy on the pwp for Torts. Hagelin does great work in the corners--(those reversals between skating forward and backward are world class) but he's not a guy who can set up in front of the net. Rangers need a more physical element at forward on the pwp--looking particularly at Mr. Kreider--someone with the size and the skill to go to the front of the net and stay there and make things miserable for the other team while potting some goals. The other obvious candidate is Mr. Nash.
Yeah, and this is one of the biggest problems I had with Torts. This is one of the areas the game has changed alot the last ten years.

It just pays off much more now to take the puck to the net off the rush, instead of playing to put it below the hash-marks before you actually try to score. You will draw penaltys. You will push D's back more because they know they will be challenged.

When you can't hook and clutch and grab, a D is vunerable against a forward that actually challenge him. Good things come of it. They back down more which leaves more room to hit trailing players etc.