View Single Post
Old
09-15-2013, 08:33 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
In regard to Stepan--he is an excellent player. The list of centers that Drew made on the other thread--I just don't know. I wouldn't trade Stepan for half those guys whether it's age or just ability. Stepan right now is a really, really good player and he still has the potential to be even better. Apart from face-off skills (and Stepan's face-off %'s have gotten better every year) and not being quite as good of a skater the guy Derek reminds me most of is Patrice Bergeron. He's an excellent player at both ends of the ice. Knows where he has to be--intuitively knows where his teammates and opponents are all the time and what the best option is. This allows him to anticipate where the play is going. The skating area of his game might be somewhat lagging but he's a player largely able to negate that deficiency just by having a superior grasp of what is going on. IMO he is arguably the Rangers best forward and/or most valuable forward.

Rangers management shouldn't have painted themselves into a corner and be jerking him around here. C'est la vie.