View Single Post
Old
09-15-2013, 11:52 AM
txomisc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Technically ... Oleksiak and Dillon could both be that offensive player down the line, but I actually agree with you about the breakdown.

For arguments sake, you could look at Nemeth, Gaunce, or Jokipakka down the line as the defensive plug on the other two pairs ... maybe even Bystrom. Then look at Goligoski, Connauton, Klingberg, and then again even Bystrom as the offensive plug.

This season though .. I do feel Dallas would be better served splitting up Oleksiak (assuming he makes the team) and Dillon.

Personally I'd really like to see Oleksiak-Gonchar and Dillon-Goligoski for this season. Yeah that probably pushes Connauton out since you'd expect Daley and Robidas to fill out the bottom pair, but I hope, hope, hope that contract structure would help Connauton sneak through waivers. A full year in Texas with Gaunce could do wonders for him. That could honestly be the top pair if Oleksiak is a full time NHLer. Of course ... Texas could have 3 top pairs considering the quality of depth they have. Benn-Fortunus could be top pair on any AHL team, and Nemeth-Jokipakka could be excellent as well.
Connauton could sneak through waivers but I will be pretty damn worried if they try it. To me it would mean he is basically not very likely to be an NHL contributor. At 23 years old he should be NHL ready and if he is not expectations really drop for him.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote