View Single Post
Old
09-15-2013, 01:48 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
And I've explained why I believe Stepan doesn't have the leverage to be holding out, just as I explained why I believed the players should give it up during the lockout.

The lockout annoyed me, annoyed everyone. Just as Stepan's holdout does to everyone.

I'm just pro-owner when it comes to things like this. They provide the league. Stepan can't make that money elsewhere. Rangers own his rights. Hes not getting an offer sheet.
If Stepan winds up with $3.3 per for two years instead of $2.8 per for two years he will make more money by holding out say for a period of two months. That's math. And truly he is at least the Rangers 2nd best forward if not their best when you consider he led the team in scoring last year and plays in all situations. I like that Sather added more depth to the team but running out of cash for such an important player is the issue here.

As far as being pro owner--they're the ones that locked the players out last year not the other way around--you could at the least apportion some of the blame for that to them.