Thread: Beginner Skater
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2006, 07:42 PM
Everest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiOlli View Post
I have always been a hockey fan, but haven't had the opportunity to play. I have been thinking about picking up a pair of skates, and would like to eventually join an adult league (i'm in my late 20's) here in Pennsylvania. I have skated in open sessions every once in a while, but I am still a beginner. I was wondering how long you guys think it would take to improve my skating to the point that I could hold my own in a league. Do you think if i skated every week this winter, I might be decent enough to join a league next winter? I know its a subjective question, but I am fairly athletic and usually pick things up quickly.

So many different levels of skill in a league. Just go fot it though! You won' regret it. I play drop-in hockey here in Red Deer Alberta almost every day and we have guys coming out who are literally Major Jr players and we have guys in there first pair of skates...they all have fun
Its amazing how the people who have little to no skating skills find ways to get involved and stay alive out there. Like you said..it helps to be an athlete.
I think if you really worked hard skating once/week for a full winter you'd notice some improvement for sure.
But its tiring and you gotta' want to do it. Good luck.

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote