Thread: Michael Ryder
View Single Post
Old
11-19-2006, 11:51 PM
canadian_man_44

vCash: 500
I didn't read the whole thread simply because it seemed pointless. Why in heck would we want to trade anyone when the team is playing so well. Any trade, no matter how many or few goals the player is scoring, could upset the chemistry of the team. I've seen post on this thread saying we should think of trading Ryder, Abby, Souray, Markov, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, and the list of trade meat goes on and on. Why is it that people who claim to be fans can't just sit back and enjoy the success our team is having. No, they can't do that, they have to try to act like couch potato general managers and try to trade a couple good veterans and a lot of young talent away. This is just plain stupid.

Also, there has been a mention about Yann Danis not being able to fill in as backup if Abby did get traded. Where have you been hiding???? Danis filled in admirably last season during 5 games where he played well with a 3 wins 2 losses record, 2.69 GAA and .908 save percentage. Also throughout his career first in University the in the AHL he has consistently posted very good stats. Go on the Hamilton website and check out his Bio which includes things such as co-MVP 2005-2006 at the all-star classic, a shutout in his NHL debut, tied Bulldogs franchise record for most wins all time, tied Bulldogs record for shutouts, set new Bulldogs record for most wins in a season(the list goes on and on). He also holds many records for Brown University. I think if we really needed him as backup, he would stand tall. It's a great possibility given his history that he could in fact be a number one goalie on an NHL team. Given our Habs record of getting rid of great goaltenders(not including Jose of course) he probably will become a number one on another team.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote