Thread: Speculation: Who hits Waivers?
View Single Post
Old
09-16-2013, 02:01 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
You Must Be Tired

vCash: 2626

I highly doubt Bortuzzo is allowed to touch waivers because his cap hit is a mere $600k (and it goes through next season...that's perfect #7 money), not enough alone to get us under the cap. The fact Niskanen hasn't been dealt yet doesn't mean it won't happen. There's really only two players on the roster who, by themselves, can fix the cap situation while being expendable...and Niskanen is a hell of a lot easier to replace than Jussi Jokinen is considering we don't have a single minor league wing prospect who will sniff the NHL this year...if Jokinen moves then that just means bigger roles for Kobasew, Glass, and Chris Conner...if Niskanen moves that just means Bortuzzo gets to be the #7 and a near-NHL ready Brian Dumoulin still waits in WBS.

I'm really starting to think there is a chance that Tanner Glass finds himself on waivers...there's no way Kobasew doesn't make the roster, and he'll do so on a lesser hit than Glass. That gives the Penguins 14 forwards and no young fringe guys that would be taking the hit...of course that probably means the Penguins will value his "toughness" and put Joe Vitale on waivers instead...I died a little just by typing that.

I can see one of our guys that gets sent down being claimed...but I don't see this being a Brian Strait situation, I see it more as an Andrew Ebbett or going to a team with injuries on their 4th line situation or Brenden Mikkelson going to a team looking for an experienced #7/8 defenseman.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 09-16-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote