View Single Post
Old
09-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Was at the game, here's a couple things I saw.

Eller, Galchenyuk, Gallagher: Obviously didn't go 100%, so I'm not worried. The Gallys were their usual selves, going around not giving a **** so that was fun to watch. This line could be fun during the regular season.

Prust: Same deal. Liked that he started stuff with Kaleta after the Galchenyuk incident.

Collberg: You can see the skill and offensive instincts, just wasn't on the same page with his line mates and as mentioned, different ice size, different game, tough adjustment. He'll be fine.

Reway: Did alright in period 1, then disappeared until the 4 min PP at the end of the 3rd. Kinda bummed about that.

Bournival: Surprise of the night. Looked fast, laid out some big hits, and 2 goals. Very impressive.

St. Pierre: Maybe this was my surprise of the night, lol. I expected literally 0 from this guy and he had some nice moves.

McCarron: Also was quite good. Unlike Gaston (?) I like that he kept his nose clean. No need to jump into the dirty stuff right off the bat, but he was never too far from a scrum either. He's definitely got improvements to make, but this was a solid night for him, and great hands/vision on those passes!

Andrighetto: Pretty invisible for the most part.

Holland: The same, but to a lesser extent. Made some solid defensive plays, and a strong play in OT that sorta led to our PP.

Nystrom: I liked him. I made a mental note to write about him even after he scored. Admittedly, I thought he was a Top 6 or Bust kinda guy, but then he goes out and kills a penalty, so who knows? Intriguing guy.

On D

Tinordi: Best D of the night, easily. He's NHL ready, make room for him.

Pateryn: Also very good, and very steady but somehow found his way to 2 assists. Knocking at the door as well.

Lashoff: Not as bad as he was in the scrimmage, but definitely not contract worthy. It's a bummer because I always cheer for the guys on tryout, but meh, I can see why he needed to accept one.

Drewiske: Rough night for him. Nothing seemed to go too well. Probably had too many minutes because of the D we dressed.

Diaz: Also a rough night. The DD pairing didn't go well at all, and Diaz did nothing on the PP. I'm still not a fan of this guy.

Nygren: I thought he was better than some of you guys here. He started out sloppy, but really picked it up later on. Wish a couple of his shots made it through to the net, but some Sabres players are definitely waking up sore tonight because of him. Can't wait to see him in Hamilton.

In Goal...

Budaj: Could've been better, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in the first game of the preseason.

Fucale: Big cheers all game for him. Was definitely nervous, but settled down and made some nice saves. Can't blame him too much on that shootout goal, what a nice move by Grigorenko.

I doubt I added anything new here, but admittedly I had some drinks last night at the game and this is what I remember.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote