View Single Post
Old
09-16-2013, 10:43 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Question for the experts. He will be in London this year but do the Habs have the power to put him in Hamilton next year if he progresses enough?

i think they do since he came out of the US Junior program...
yes he can play in the AHL next year, but the Habs should re-think putting 19 year olds in the AHL as it hasn't really worked out all that well in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Still, the question here is what is better for him: limited role in the NHL (3-4th liner), slightly bigger role in the AHL (2nd-3rd liner) or prime role in the OHL (1st line)?

I guess a lot depends on how the Hunter manage him and the situation in Hamilton that needs to be better than last year. Also, will we have a spot for him next year or will older prospects outplay him for those spots?
we'll see what happens this year, how he progresses, this time next year we'll see where he's at. At this point it's impossible to speculate how much he will progress or how quickly he will adapt to the OHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
I liked what I saw yesterday from him. He was making the right plays and didn't look out of place in an offensive role. Hopefully he'll become a better skater but he didn't seem to think slow, which is quite important. I think one year in the OHL playing with and against talented players will be very beneficial for him, but at least he seems to know how to play hockey.
What has impressed me the most about McCarron is how hard he drives to the net with or without the puck. With his size, as he continues to get stronger, he could be the kind of Power Forward the Habs have sorely lacked, rugged and skilled while being willing to take abuse in front of the net.