09-16-2013, 01:39 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
When I see Drewiske, Tokarski, Holland, Blunden, Bournival (we traded for him in 2010??) I really think we should replace some of our professional scouting team (i guess its them that made the call?). How come we move assets to get so much blandness in return?
We really didn't give up much in the way of assets to get those players. Drewiske was acquired for a 4th. Tokarski traded for Desjardins, another minor league goalie who can do some NHL spot duty. They pretty much cancel each other out. Blunden for Ryan Russell, who's currently playing in Sweden. Holland was a minor piece in the Cammalleri deal, the bigger assets there were Bourque and the 2nd rounder, who became Fucale. Bournival we got for O'Byrne, who is also currently out of the league.

You can definitely complain about the Habs' poor asset management in recent years, but not from what we gave up to get those guys. Fact is, not every player in the organization can be a stud. You need depth players and plugs and energy guys too.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote