View Single Post
Old
01-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Brad*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
I don't know, FP, but if I ruled the world, anybody using emoticons rather than a written language would be taken out back and beaten with pointed sticks. Well, maybe stabbed with pointed sticks, or beaten with unpointed sticks. Does anybody think a pointed stick would be a better beating tool than a regular unpointed stick? I does have less mass, meaning one could get more speed when swinging, although the momentum would be compromised somewhat by the lower mass. I'm confused.
Generally, whenever I beat my children I go the route of the pointed stick. After the beating I take extra enjoyment in using the pointed end to taunt them. Brats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley
As for the Flyers being a favorite of Colin Campbell, let it be known that I question that notion. I wish I could find the text, but I recall that Clarke and Campbell have an on-ice history together that doesn't lead one to believe they're the best of friends.

"Favored Flyers" - that's a good one. While I don't subscribe to the notion that they're hated by NHL officials, I certainly don't see how they're favored. I think they're a team that really suffers from the lack of obstruction calls, particularly interference on forechecking forwards by the defenseman not chasing the puck on dump-ins. I really wish the NHL would start calling interference, but I also put a lot of hope into getting a pony and fire engine for Christmas, so I'm not counting on it.

Inquirer article: http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/spo...ey/7711148.htm

At least it's positive to read that the organization is not imploding off the ice.
The problem with NHL refs today is the consistency from night to night, itís terrible. How is one supposed to know the limits when something that is called one night wonít be called the next?

Maybe thatís inevitable, I donít know. Itís sure frustrating though, and Iím not even a player.