View Single Post
Old
09-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Why?

Success in the KHL playoffs has little bearing on the NHL playoffs, different rink, different style, most KHLers are unlikely to ever lace up skates in the NHL (VKW knows the stats, there are 30 Russians in the entire NHL).

Neither are good indicators of NHL playoff success, hell, NHL playoff stats aren't a very good indicator of playoff success either.

Success in the KHL playoffs means nothing to the NHL, same as OHL success...for me its about player type, and Horvat type players have better success in the NHL playoffs....it's his style of game. I'm not trying to say VN can't or won't impact NHL playoff games, because he can and likely will, it's about the totality of said impact.

Scoring in the playoffs is great, but if you're getting outscored or -14 while going PPG, the impact saws itself off.

To add this solid post, the OHL is regarded as the best CHL league, and the CHL the best feeder league in the world. So while the OHL playoffs aren't a direct predictor of future playoff success in the NHL (nothing is), it is about the best developmental league given the transition displayed by its young players. Success there is a very good thing.

30 Russians in the entire NHL is quite humorous to me. That stat is staggering.

But like you said, it's the style of game. With that in mind, Horvat seems tailor made.

Total impact being also a great point. Let's see what Nich does. I'll definitely be catching some DAL games this year.