View Single Post
Old
09-16-2013, 07:00 PM
slightlystewpid420

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev22 View Post
I was very impressed with Murray. I absolutely think he one of our best 6 defensemen. He looks effortless to me, like the game slows down for him. Sure he made a couple of errors, but those will sort themselves out. He looks like he belongs to me. On the GWG, he knew exactly where he needed to join the rush. You don't teach that, it's instinct. Check out twitter, apparently Wiz was pretty impressed with Murray. I would be shocked if he isn't on the club come opening night.
Exactly. He read the play, saw they had an odd man rush if he joined the play and knew his partner was staying home, his positioning was perfect as the 3rd man/trailer. Of course it's not going to work like that every time, but that's huge for Murray to start his season here. As long as he can stay calm and collected now and he/the coaching staff can keep him from trying to do too much I think he won't have a problem in the NHL. Erixon averaged 15/min a game last season, and I could see Murray starting out around there, obviously with a full season to prove he's worth more.

slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote