Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)
View Single Post
Old
09-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

vCash: 500
I guess they're going to give the St. Pierre, Bournival and McCarron line another game at least. They earned it after the last outing.

I thought Leblanc might earn a spot to start the season in Montreal, but new regime, new outlook. He doesn't have to clear waivers..makes sense to send him to Hamilton. Leblanc's task is quite straight forward - produce at the AHL level and earn a callup to the big team.

The club may be looking to keep someone like Blunden to start the season in place of Parros' spot if he's not ready, and Thomas/Bournival/McCarron battle to replace Gionta for a game or two. Perhaps even St. Pierre sticks as an extra until the injuries are over with. Both he and Blunden would be eligible to be claimed off waivers would they not?

Not surprised St. Pierre, McCarron, Thomas are getting longer looks - they are new to the organization.

Collberg is just coming back from injury - makes sense to give him some more time. the Habs are in no huge rush to send him back to Sweden I suspect.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote