View Single Post
Old
09-17-2013, 12:16 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Saad played exclusively on the left side last season - either when he was with Toews and Hossa or when he took Bickell's spot on the third line with Shaw and Stalberg.

I don't recall him playing anything other than LW in Jrs either - but not sure about that.
I don't recall that either (at least in the OHL, don't know re NTDP). If he's only ever played LW then that's interesting b/c he's been an elite player for a while (in fact, in early 2011 draft projections he was in the conversation for being in the top 10). Usually when players are young, the best players (offensively) on the team will play centre and will be bumped to wing if there are better kids (who can play centre) on the team...or they are younger than the rest of the team (playing up a year in youth hockey, or being a 16/17 yr old in jr. hockey). Now, my frame of reference is the GTHL/a bit of OMHA and the CHL...so it may well be different in the States. But, in any event, it's interesting (in a good way, of course) if he's spent most of his hockey career playing one position, given how skilled he is.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote