View Single Post
Old
09-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Richter Scale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
I wonder if you asked Derek Stepan at the age of say 12... you can make 3 million a year when you are 23.. what do you think?

Do you think he'd say "No, I'd want 3.2!!!!!!"
I agree that here in the real world this disagreement seems fairly petty and pretty ridiculous. And agree with a lot of the fundamental sentiment behind your posts (though I'm not "pro-owner" like you are); but there comes a time when you just have to let things happen how they're going to happen and not let it get to you - especially in situations in which you have zero control.

But as long as we're doing whacky real world hypotheticals, here you go:

Imagine that anyone in the world ever, yourself included, has about 15 years to collect the bulk of the salary that they will collect for the rest of their lives. Now imagine that this person thought that they could increase what they got paid by between 0.5 mil and 1 mil over two years of that time frame with relatively little (or no) harm done to them, their job, or others. Would they just give in and let that half mil fly away? Would they say "Hell yea, **** that half million to million dollars! Who needs it!?!"

Last edited by Richter Scale: 09-17-2013 at 12:02 PM.