Old
09-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Sides View Post
So save the 250K-500K on UFAs, not on your top line center who is 23 year old.

Whole thing does not make a ton of sense to me anyway, if the Rangers are going to go to 3.5M on a bridge why not just go to above 4M and sign him long term buying up some UFA years... like they should have done from the get go.
How does that work? UFA's have the ability to field offers from everyone and thus get overpaid.

Rangers have the leverage with Stepan because he is RFA. That is how the organization saves cap, and it has been for years now.

I haven't heard anything on possible Lundqvist talks but for that I actually blame the Rangers because he should already be extended. Rangers shouldn't let him play a game this season without a contract for next year. (Although one of my biggest pet peeves is when a player refuses to talk during the season because of the "distraction" thats garbage and just an excuse for a player to get to UFA, which is fine and his right but don't ******** about distraction when you have an agent that handles it) But yeah, get that done because he is the franchise.