View Single Post
09-17-2013, 02:54 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Guys are going off the deep end a little here with Morin. Firstly, we already have like 12 NHL defensemen on the roster and are over the cap. I just can't imagine a scenario where we both free up the roster spot and cap space for the ELC he would need to sign even for those 9 games while we left Gustaffson or Mez in the press box.

If there is a major injury in camp, I guess all bets are off.

Having watched some of the game, he looked a lot better than I expected as one of the more vocal detractors. I saw enough right now to suggest that this guy does in fact have 1D potential. He needs to bulk up because given his physical style of play, he will put his body through a lot of abuse by dishing out the hits and his strong corner work. Being physical requires endurance and toughness nearly as much as receiving the abuse does.

He also still needs a fair bit of offensive refinement getting his shot more efficient and making crisp passes on a little more consistent basis. Literally every tool is there though and he just needs some strong development time to put it all together.

I also think his arrival is less than the 3-4 years out I expected. Morin could very well get to the NHL by 20. Very exciting.

I agree with everything you said. The only reason I would keep him up for the 9 games would be to let him see how the guys prepare for games and train in between games so he can learn how to keep his weight during the season.

Playing now would do the kid a disservice. The style of game he plays he would have grown men targeting him. I'd like to see him around 220-225 when he makes the jump. That isn

lancer247 is online now   Reply With Quote