View Single Post
Old
09-17-2013, 07:05 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Inconsistency is the word that best describes Carey Price, he just looks like his head is not in it on way too many nights. We don't have the greatest team but when you pay a guy 6million+ dollars a year then should we not expect stellar play? It's the head scratching weak goals that he allows all to often and i'm not referring to 3 saves in a sequence when he is left out to dry, it's the goals on weak shots on the glove side or the momentum crippling goals or lack of saves in key times when we really need one. The series against the sens was ours if he played like he should have.

I ask you this question, when do we expect more from him? I have heard every excuse from his defenders, if we are such a poor team, then why not trade him to fill some of our weaknesses? The rest of the league considers him great, so lets trade him somewhere that gives us a couple mean defenseman and an average goalie. We will be a better team and he will be free from the pressures of this god awful place.
We worked harder than the Sens and should have deserved better based on effort only, but the reality is that the Sens had a better structure in front of Anderson, thats it.. We lost that serie when Eller got crushed, our depth suffered alot and we made some glaring mistakes the Sens werent making.. I recall a goal where Tinordi gave too much space and time to Silverberg to snipe it in the net from the slot screening the shot at the same time.. That goal summarize the whole serie to me, we didnt give alot of scoring chances but some mistakes and failure in the structure turned in some silver plate opportunities for the Sens..

The lack of consistency you are reffering to Price is exactly what this team was about after we lost Emelin, the D core has never been the same and we really reached a low at the end of the season, the whole team was playing like crap, especially the D core.. Therrien did a great job to regroup his guys for the playoffs but the depth was already fragile on D, losing Eller just killed our chances to win that serie... blame Price as much as you want but you dont have the good target my friend, sometimes you are just not destined to win and thats what happened last year..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote