View Single Post
Old
09-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Bryanbryoil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Lowetide has already gone on record saying he'll be on the team.

The guy can't skate and has granite hands. Missed the best scoring chance of the game because he can't control a hockey puck.

He's basically a slow version of Ryan Jones.
Hamilton has size and is willing to go to the tough areas on the ice, but I'll take Eager's speed over him and we already have Smyth taking up a spot. Unless he's our 13th or 14th forward, I don't see the appeal unless he has another gear that he didn't show us tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Probably can cut:

Davidson
Hunt
Moroz
Martindale
Abney
Kessy

At least those 6. Maybe Curtis Hamilton or Khaira see the chopping block soon.
I'd keep the bottom 4 on your list for now. Abney needs to find a dance partner for us to see if he's even good at that part of the game at this point in time. Moroz could use another game or two to gain more confidence, I liked what I saw from him but you know that Winnipeg has a big team when a kid that's 6'2" and 210lbs. doesn't look very big on the ice relative to his competition! Martindale could use some more reps for his confidence as well and he could well be our 1st or 2nd call-up in the event of an injury or two in our bottom 6. Kessy hasn't even gotten into a preseason game and at this point in his career IMO needs to get in at least a couple of them unless he looks terrible in his first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Larsen fits the "PMD whos bad at D" better than Grebs

Omark didnt have a good game. But his compete level is always there, and on the boards he is still good. I want to see him play 2 more preseason games and 1 or 2 regular season games before writing him off and sending him off in a boat to siberia.

I also think Joensuu is pretty close to passing Jones on the depth chart.

Klefbom looked solid out there. Nothing outstanding, but he still may have rust. I think its a given hes AHL bound for a bit

Heres to hoping Belov is a adequate bottom pairing guy
I fully expect Belov to be an upgrade on Grebs, that said I don't mind Larsen as our #6/7D. He brings a lot more offense than a guy like Potter.