Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Habs Cuts (28th: Dumont clears waivers)
View Single Post
Old
09-17-2013, 10:25 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great post. Yet, what you're saying is that last year counts a whole lot. And that's what I'm reading. Yet, what if he does great in this preseason? You still make a statement and make last year count more than this very preseason? If not, well you need to give some games to see what kind of preseason he will be giving you.

Of course, nobody wants to lose. But I guess it's also to be a human being to give more chances to people you feel more closely to than not. Surely one of the big reasons why Thomas is still in this camp and not Leblanc. Pretty sure that as a GM, even if the plan is long term and that there were "other" reasons for a trade, that you don't like to look stupid. And since nobody is in the inside, if that trade looks bad, he will look bad. So he gives Thomas all the chances in the world. Is it really because he deserves it more based on what we're seeing right now?
You're making it personal and I doubt that it is. In the end the GM is judged by how well the team does and not how well "his boys" do. You can do better than that

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote