View Single Post
Old
09-17-2013, 11:33 PM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Tea...er-Camp/Roster

If you look at the summer camp roster, including the guys at the bottom who didn't go, (Reinhart, Rielly, Pelech), it's a pretty good group of D.

I guess it's possible that Morin plays his way to a tryout in Dec, but there are a lot of guys for him to leap over...

Let's take a deep breath. Great to see Sam's progress but...

We don't have cap room to carry him as an extra for 9 games.
He needs to get back to Jr to start working on his season.
Let him push for a spot again next year, but get sent back again too, and play WJC for sure then.

There is no need to rush him.
I agree he has an uphill climb. He's definitely on the outside looking in. And the WJC is generally a 19 year old tourney, especially for Canada. And the 94 crop is a strong group. I get that. I agree he's got some work to do.

My only point was if he keeps getting better he could possibly earn a spot in a shutdown role. No one has his size and he can move well enough to not be a liability on the big ice. If Reinhart doesn't make the Isles, he's still looking at a IIHF suspension from last year's tourney. Canada will be looking to add size. There are a few guys ahead of him for now, but the camp is 3 months away. A lot can happen.

I'm not advocating him playing in the NHL this year either (not even the trial). He's looked good, but he still has some work to do and at this point I rather him learn against guys his age (I fear a true NHL forecheck might be a little too much for him. Regular season is a whole other ballgame). With a 9-game trial when you add in the inevitable scratches, you're looking at about a months worth of games where he could be playing a major role in Rimouski. He's already missed some games with the Q already starting this past week.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote