View Single Post
09-18-2013, 08:03 AM
vCash: 500
How much has playing all summer (or not) helped you so far?

My first league game is on Friday and I'm really excited for it. I'm more excited than usual because until about a week and a half ago, I didn't have a team and didn't think I was going to catch on anywhere until mid-season. I'm so glad that I got picked up off the waiver wire because I'm really feeling good about my game right now; I'm healthy (no nagging injuries), life has settled down a bit so I've got my mind right, and I played with a good group all summer, basically taking only a week or two off.

On the flip side, last spring/summer I was getting ready for my wedding in the fall and house hunting, so I wasn't as commited to hockey as I would have liked to be. The summer previous to that I took the entire summer off to rehab some injuries and work on some strength training. After both offseasons I found it somewhat difficult to get back to the grind in the fall. But this year I'm the lungs, legs, and hand-eye are all present and accounted for headed into the season.

My question to everyone is: how much has playing (or not playing) all summer helped you so far this season? If your league has not started yet, do you feel prepared?

leftwinger37 is offline   Reply With Quote