View Single Post
Old
09-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd1e View Post
do you see us using (if any) in the upcoming Olympics?
Considering the situation with our defense, we might as well. Most of the KHL defensemen we have are far from stellar defensively being more of the puck-moving type and IMO we should not load up the team with them. The best DD we have aside from Väänänen are in North America. If anyone (and I do mean anyone, whether it's Järvinen, Ristolainen, Melart, Hakanpää or someone else) can take up a permanent spot in the NHL, print them a ticket to Sochi asap, I don't care how old they are or whether they've ever been to the WC. Even if they're only playing in the AHL, I would still take some of them to Sochi.

What type of potential is your list based on? Offensive or overall?

Here's my take, based on overall potential:

1. Ristolainen
2. Määttä
3. Pokka
4. Vatanen
5. Hakanpää

These are the 5 who I have seen enough to place them. If I had to make a top 10, places 5-10 would include names like Lindbohm, Jokipakka and Lindell. The reasons Vatanen is only at #4 on my list are that he's so small and not particularly smart defensively. He's very competitive, but when you're as tiny as him, you should be smarter in your own end than he currently is. His offensive potential is obviously very good.