Old
09-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Gardner McKay
R.I.P. Parabola

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Perspective?

a quarter million is a quarter million is a quarter million.

You want to minimize the number by equating it to % of X by all means do so, at the end of the day it's still $250,000.00

translated that means it's ALOT OF MONEY

And we are talking per year so in REALITY it's half a million over 2 years.

Of course Sather and his team are going to try to minimize the impact by bring in fractions and such, but to the player they see the real number and it's NOT 7.6% or 7.1%

It's $250,000.00 per and $500,000.00 on the total.
Im not minimizing it. Im being realistic and in reality $250,000 a year is small potato's when compared to the size of the contract. I don't blame him for wanting the extra $250K. Where I think its wrong that he is holding out over that amount of money is because we have a new coaching staff and a new system. Stepan as our #1C is going to be an integral part of that system.

With Callahan and Hagelin out to start the season, we need Stepan more than every to come out of the gate flying. He may not be able to do that if he holds out until the season starts.

--But after the long calm, there are now beginnings of a stir. The reunion at hand may joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last, the promise has been made. --