Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Flyers (3-2) [W]
View Single Post
Old
09-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
People on here calling for Kreider to AHL already are out of their minds.

I watched him for 3 years at BC. Massive improvement every year. Only knock is that he adds that extra effort for bigger games. Torts wanted that extra effort every game. He has tendency to disappear when games don't matter. Aside from that his talent is off the roof. His ability to be clutch in big games is uncanny. You want this guy on this team. Period.

First line? I think with his skill set he could be a first liner, but with Stepan and Nash. That line clicked at the end of the playoffs last year, Stepan and Kreider have the chemistry. Richards either gets his linemates or he doesn't. It takes Richards time to acclimate. This is why Stepan holding out extends past just missing him. Throws off line rotations. Otherwise, if Richards is going to be your first line center, move Kreider down a line. York played him on the 2nd line throughout his tenure here. Not because he didn't deserve to be on the first line, he understood who Kreider had chemistry with.

Enjoyed watching Lindberg and Fast last night. Pyatt is a black hole on the ice. He's useful occasionally along the boards or for a rare random snipe that no one is expecting. This team is going to have to be faster and more talented to make the impact that they want. Think Pyatt is waived or scratched. Same goes for Asham. Too slow, not fast enough for this offense.

Lindberg, in my opinion, is a lock to make the team. So much so that I think he forces Richards to a wing (given if Stepan signs).

I think Fast is better than Kristo, as of right now. Think his chemistry with Lindberg helps him make the team too.

As for Miller, I read he's practicing with the first team today. It's unfortunate that he got injured. Hurts his chance to make the team.

Opening day lines:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Zucc-Brassard-Richards
Poulloit-Lindberg-Fast
Moore-Boyle-Dorsett

When Cally and Hagelin come back:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Lindberg-Cally
Zucc-Brassard-Richards
Poullouit-Boyle-Dorsett

Very deep team this year. Fast, Kristo, Miller, Hrvik, Moore all could have been factors on last year's team and they'll all likely be in AHL this year.

Also, thoughts on McIlrath: Another half season in AHL and he should be ready. His pitching was untimely, he just needs to get smoother around the edges. His time will come. I'm not worried. It's just not now.
No way Dom Moore goes to Wolfpack. He would get claimed... no reason to break up Brassard Pouliot Zucc that shown chemistry in camp and preseason..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote