Thread: NYR-Boston
View Single Post
Old
01-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
I think you're really don't know how good Boynton is. He's 24 and could EASILY anchor our team. Poti is 27, and won't get any better really. If we can get a franchise player for a guy who doesn't know his own zone from the back of his hand and a kid who may never be more than a 3rd liner, well heck i'll do it. Our biggest problem is defence, so why not fix that problem.
I'm well aware of how good he is, still doesn't change my point..

Biggest problem(s) with this years team is speed and defense, yes, but it's a syptom, not the cause..

The cause is dealing three for one's in deals like Zidlicky, Kloucek, R. Murray for Dunham.. Cross and Dvorak for Carter.. Even York for Poti..

You can pour dirt on any of the Rangers dealt individually, but as a group, and a group that could have been part of a core they had value.. All were deals that squandered assets for "that missing piece" whatever that means.. And it keeps the Rangers on the outside looking in every year..

Boyton would help, but he can't solve the organizational woes caused by always dealing a few guys because "they'll only be third liners" or "he's already 27"..