View Single Post
Old
09-18-2013, 01:49 PM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
LOL @ the Ference love.

Our best defenseman since Pronger? Do people not remember Pitkanen? Visnovsky? Hell, even Smid and Petry are better than him right now. Prime Gilbert and Grebeshkov were also a formidable duo for a season. Sheldon Souray in his one All-Star year for us as well.

#2/3 Dman for Boston? Try #4. A sheltered #4.

Chara-Seidenberg-Boychuk were the de-facto 1-2-3 on that team. Ference occupied the middle-ground between them and McQuaid/Redden. In fact when Hamilton was in the lineup it was Ference getting bottom-pairing minutes.

I compare him to a prime Steve Staios. By no means the best player on any top-4 pairing, but someone who is steady and dependable in a 4/5 role.

he is what he is. if people liked jason smith... that is what you are getting. this is a playoff player; unlike pitkannen and vis.

people are exaggerating on both sides of the scale.

mentally --he wont pull up lame like pitk, and wont pout or mope like whitney. physically he is mobile hard nosed and thinks and executes consistently. once his teammates understand what Ference CAN do consistently they will gel better offensively. Ference isnt one of those guys that goes outside of his skill set, he stays with what he is best at. Dont look for long lead passes unless theres a wide degree of inaccuracy allowed on the play. Look for him being mobile and using his d partner to open options. This is precisely the type of hockey i want to see... i have never liked watching coaches allow their forwards to spread themselves from support.

ive always preferred dmen...that play d. i would love to, in addition, get boychuk from bos.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote