View Single Post
Old
11-20-2006, 11:32 PM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
To get more offense at ES, Lewis needs to first try giving guys like Tenkrat, Chistov and Kessel more ice time with different linemates.

Tenkrat has a lot of speed and energy out there and every time he's on the ice he's trying to impress. He's a pretty good puck handler and can open up a lot of ice in the offensive zone. He's got decent size too and it seems he's just waiting for his opportunity.

Chistov hasn't been all that impressive, but there have been flashes. It's obvious he has skill that can be developed with more ice time. I like his speed and stickhandling ability, but he can't seem to compensate for his lack of size. He gets pushed around a lot and need to get tougher.

Kessel intrigues me the most. I can't understand why Lewis doesn't use him more regularly. He's proven he can score in this league and be a threat. His defensive skills are much better than the scoring reports showed and he has the ability to make his linemates better.

Show some faith in those 3 and they might get some confidence and start producing. Give them 14-16 min ice time.

Chistov-Savard-Murray
Sturm-Bergeron-Tenkrat
Axelsson-Kessel-Boyes
Primeau-Mowers-Donovan

On defense, I would make a few changes too. Call up Mark Stuart and sit Dempsey or Jurcina. It's hard to decide between who sits, but I lean towards Dempsey.

Paul Mara is new whipping boy for the Bruins, but we have to remember that this guy is in his 9th NHL season. He knows how to play in the NHL, he's just has to remember how. I would move him back up with Chara and see if he can rediscover his game.

From what I've been reading, it sounds like Mark Stuart has been doing very well in Providence. He has 4 pts in 4 games and feels fully recovered from his knee injury. Give the kid a shot in the NHL and see if he can play as well as he did last season or better.

Alberts has been decent at times and he does throw some great hits, but he could really use less ice time. He needs to work on his puck handling and ability to clear the zone or make a pass.

Mara-Chara
Mark-Brad
Alberts-Jurcina

If this fails, than the Bruins can start making some trades

CombatOnContact is online now   Reply With Quote