View Single Post
Old
01-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Winston Wolf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
THis isn't just any prospect here, I mean the kid played in the Russian super league at 16, a league considered by many BARELLY a step down from the NHL, and he dominated at 16. He was among the top scoring of the WJC every year AND he plays a tough physical game, something not many russian forwards do. The kid is amazing, franchise, you really haven't done your research on this kid obviously.........clown
If you think the Russian Super League is "BARELY" (only one L ) a step down from the NHL, then I think you're the clown. The NHL is superior to every other league in the planet.

And yeah, he's just the flavor of the year (I do think Ovechkin will be good, but people HIGHLY overrate prospects here) two years ago it was Bouwmeester, before that it was Lecavalier, before that it was Thornton, before that it was Daigle, and before that it was Lindros. Next year it will be Crosby, and so on....

All of them had the same kind of hype as Ovechkin (if not more.) As much as everyone thinks he's a once a decade prospect; he's not.