View Single Post
Old
09-18-2013, 11:39 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Eh, I don't think the trade is that bad. They could have probably gotten more, but I'm not sure how much more. Trent Richardson was hyped a lot, but in this day and age, if you aren't an Adrian Peterson type of player in the backfield, you aren't going to be that valuable. Richardson is better than a lot of the backs out there, but with all the rotating of backs that happens in the NFL, the value just isn't there. Richardson barely cracked the top 20 of running backs for rushing yards, it's not like he was ripping it up. Granted he is young and has plenty of room to run, I'm not too sure what people think his value SHOULD have been.

Frankly I think the Browns are crazy for trading him at all just because their team is so bad. I wouldn't have traded him regardless of the offer. But if I was going to deal him, trading for a first rounder in a year where there are some pretty good players coming out of the draft would be very enticing. Depending on how the rest of the season shakes out, the Browns could potentially walk away with Clowney and their QB of the future. If it shakes out that way no one will remember Trent Richarson.
I actually like the move for both teams actually.

Indy improves their run game with Trent. Now he won't be seeing teams stack the box as much with having QB that teams actually have to respect handing him off the ball.

Cleveland adds another 1st rounder & makes their team pretty much a guarantee for top 5 pick if they weren't already & if not they could always use their pick & Indy's to move up to pick their guy (which I would assume is a QB & possibly Bridgewater).