View Single Post
Old
09-19-2013, 03:14 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I see that Calle Andersson is on loan to Division 1 club IK Pantern. This, in terms of his NHL future, is not particularly good. Can any of our European posters enlighten us as to why he's down in the third level? Is he rehabbing an injury or something?
His team, Malmö (Kim Johnsons old team!) is covered by a fantastic amature blogger (Mrmadhawk), but just a couple of weeks ago this blogger went syndicate and moved to a newspaper. All his old enteries can't be found right now, so its kind of hard to get much info.

I can see that Calle was injured for 2-3 weeks on the 22 August 2013. At another place I can see that he just missed the 7th game of the 7 games he was expected to miss.

Its probably more of a conditioning stint for him. I can see that Calle's smaller brother Rasmus played for Malmö last night, they only carried 6 Ds (normally you have a 22 player roster in Sweden).

Searching as I write, I also found this tweet from Calle (September 14) (@CalleAndersson4):
Quote:
After nearly seven months long injury, surgery and rehab it is finally time for the first match again! Feels ****ing great huh!