View Single Post
Old
09-19-2013, 01:27 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleben85 View Post
I'm confused by what this means...

1) You can send a player "through waivers" right now, but he can't be claimed, i.e. teams have a grace period until the 12th day of the season to send whomever they want down. (Not likely, imo)
2)Waivers officially start the 12th day, though teams may force players onto waivers before hand, such as the players today. They are free to be claimed, but teams will put them on early waivers in hopes of other teams not picking them up because they are still figuring out their rosters.
or
3)Teams can put players on waivers and other teams can put claims in, however none of those transactions will be processed or recognized by the league until the 12th day.

Or, the whole thing is going over my head, and its none of those...
I think the basic point was teams can't put players on waivers until it's 12 days before the start of the season (Which is today). Some teams try to sneak players through waivers early while many teams have 35-40+ players in camp and aren't likely to grab them, others try to sneak players through in the last few days before the season, hoping rosters are already set.