View Single Post
Old
09-19-2013, 03:25 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
right now, they're trying to inflate prices every year, which provides less of a resell margin for STHs.

however, i don't think they can raise their prices significantly because people are paying now as a result of the product on the ice. the rangers are relevent again, and people are willing to pay high prices to see a winning team. in 5 years if the team is crappy and aren't making the playoffs, you will see a significant drop in STHs if the nose bleed 200 level seats were going for $100 Face Value.

right now the 200 row 1 gallery seats are $135 for STHs. that's insane if you look at the season ticket prices for row 1 seats in any other NHL arena. and can you imagine increasing it 20% to 162/seat for 41 games...
I agree the Row 1 gallery seat pricing is pushing it. It's actually at or pretty close to full market value imo...which is why I let mine go this summer. But the price of Rows 2+ are actually not terrible. Sure, they are a lot more than they were 5 years ago...but you still won't have a difficult time selling them for $10-$20 a pop over face if you need to unload them. At least as long as the team remains competitive.