View Single Post
Old
09-19-2013, 04:29 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
You asked when was Reimer better, he showed you. If this doesn't convince you, nothing will. What would it take to prove to you Reimer was better?

Who's cherry-picking?

It's you who needs a course on statistics. Debate the points without personal attacks. Do you disagree with the notion that teams who give up the most shots also give up the most chances? This is basically not even debatable.

Over the course of an entire season, a team who consistently out-shoots his opponents will have undoubtedly out-chanced his opponents. Your shot-quality argument is an attempt at misdirection. It isn't true.

The rest of your post is just a bunch of miss-informed nonsense with no basis in reality.
Yes, I disagree with the notion that teams who give up the most shots also give up the most chances. I can give up 40 perimeter shots a game and not give a team anything in the slot.. and I can give up 15 shots all in the slot which are prime scoring chances.

What you are basically saying is that if I coached a team and told them.. forget systems, forget passing, forget playing with your team-mates, as soon as you get over the line, direct it toward the goaltender. If we have more shots than them, we'll have out chanced them and have a good chance of winning the game.

Okay, so I have 35 shots from the blue-line, quick wrist shots from nowhere, with no traffic, no net drive and you think I'm going to have a team that is more threatening than one that doesn't shoot everything, has patience, opens up seams and creates an attack that exploits areas of the ice that are more likely to result in goals or legitimate scoring chances.

Teams forechecked us, wore us down, waited for our defensive "scheme" to break down and ended up scoring goals on us like that. They didn't need 40 shots, because they ended up putting goals in early. You don't really need to see a whole lot of highlights of games we lost to see the majority of goals we let in were scored from threatening areas that we were too stupid to defend.

You'll have nameless posters who claim they were floaters from the point that were Price's fault but that doesn't change the reality that we didn't give up as many shots but we gave up a lot of prime scoring chances.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote