View Single Post
Old
11-21-2006, 02:25 PM
BadHabit

vCash: 500
Myself, I think and always have thought, that Perreault was someone that the Habs should have given more chances to. He may not have been a complete, well-rounded player but with hard work he could have gotten better.

We still do not have a #2 center in this organization and it is my opinion that he would have been great with Kovalev and Samsonov. Of course, we'll never know how he would have adjusted so we can only guess - but I do know that you shouldn't give a guy away like him. Consistantly one of the best faceoff guys in the league, a clutch guy who Julien should've went to NUMEROUS times in the playoffs where someone would lose the draw and the opposing team scored. I mean, when the CBC announcers start asking why Julien is leaving the best faceoff man in the league on the bench for any amount of crucial draws in your own end, you gotta start asking questions.

As for this so-called whining that he did about his ice time - well, I would have done the same thing!! What do you expect when you're sitting a guy, then you put him into the lineup and he gets 3 or 4 points (I remember a certain game in particular), and then take him out again? Do you not think Kovalev or Samsonov would not have complained if they were getting benched all the time? Of course they would! And I like it if he is interested in his point totals - a goal scorer is paid to score goals. If he is putting up numbers and winning draws, that is what he is paid to do.

In my humble opinion, I think the Canadiens made a mistake in giving him away without really giving him a shot with the new NHL and the new team. He may be slow - but you guys think that Ryder is too slow as well. Doesn't seem to have affected him, or Perrault's point totals for that matter.

My 2 cents.

Thom

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote