View Single Post
Old
09-19-2013, 10:49 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
OHL Report: 2013/14

I will try to make more posts this year.

Tonight's game, Niagara vs Mississauga.

For Mississauga:

Sean Day. The OHL's 3rd straight 15 year old player given exceptional status. I was curious how he fell to #4 in the draft, as these players always go #1, but it was noticeable on the ice.

Don't get me wrong, he still looks like he has lots of potential. He can skate, moves the puck well, and posses a good shot. He is lost in his own end, and got rocked a couple times by smaller players. Yes, he is 15, but in comparison to seeing Ekblad on his first day... Ekblad was on another level. (McDavid is already the most talented player I've seen since the Stamkos/Tavares days)

For Niagara.

Brendan Perlini: 1st round OHL pick, entering his 2nd year. 1G, 1A tonight. The goal was beautiful, a takeaway and broke between two defenders to get a breakaway and score. 6'2" 180lbs, fast, strong and a great shot. He has a great chance at going in the 1st round if he can put up numbers, but right now I see him as a 2nd rounder, blossoming a little later like Brett Ritchie did (who I would say is his comparable).

Aaron Haydon: Missed training camp, but looked good tonight considering it was his first game since the playoffs last year. He was our best defender tonight. 6'3" 190lbs, can also skate and move the puck very well. Powerful shot from the point, and isn't afraid to fight to stick up for his teammates. He could also easily be a 1st rounder if he plays to his potential. He is the 3rd best defensive prospect I have seen come through the system (Not easy to follow up Pietrangelo and Hamilton). He plays the game very much like a poor mans Dougie Hamilton. (Not as big, does not control the game as well).

notloilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote