View Single Post
09-20-2013, 09:49 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
The whole point of being a GM is to be proactive and find solutions even when they seem difficult.

Nabbing Diaz and Emelin, two immediate NHLers, in one offseason was a stroke of genius - but hardly anybody cared because Gauthier was vegan and referred to everyone as mister.

Bergevin's idea of proactive was to sign and extend Bouillon and trade for and extend Drewiskie - two borderline NHLers - and sign Murray in August. But he wears nice suits and at least he's not that awful LAST GM we had!! Give Bergevin some time!!!

This fanbase has Stockholm Syndrome. Most expensive tickets but continuously and incessantly served the sloppiest management and coaching. Just once it would be nice to have actual visionaries at the helm instead of racist jerkwads who'd rather sign a broken down smurf than look at other options.
Hey Wiskey, theres no need to sugar coat it. Be a straight shooter and tell us what you really think. Geez.....

And to be fair, I kind of agree with you although I think we are on different sides on the murray deal which I would not have liked in an ideal setting but our defensive corps is not ideal. But what do i know, I was in the " I hope tinordi stays in hamilton" camp which looks like it has sailed. And I liked Patteryn last year ( nothing flashy/ not a liability) but I'm less convinced that he is as ready as tinordi.

if tinordi gets komisa-wrecked this year our defense going forward is shot. having a slew of pmd's and nothing else looks suspiciously like last years playoffs.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote