View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
Fair enough, so tell me who should he have gotten and how much should he had paid for him?

Bergevin clearly wants to build from within and I think Pateryn and Tinordi will become great shutdown D's within a year or two. So he wouldn't sign anything more than 2 years.

Fan wants action but sometimes inaction is best. But with you guys he's damned if he did and damned if he don't.

Next year we have Markov, Diaz, Emelin, Murray and Bouillon UFA's. you think that's unintentional? at that point Pateryn and Tinordi will be in the lineup, Subban will be resigned probably Emelin too. That will leave 2 spots to fill, maybe Markov or if Beaulieu is ready he'll replace him and another preferably a right handed D.

Does that look like a plan to you?
If that's the case, then why did he sign Briere? I mean, Eller, Gally, Galla, we have kids that need more ice time. Instead of them, Briere, an old small declining player, will apparently play on what many people view as our #1 line. Why couldn't he have gone with kids there where our depth is actually good?

Meanwhile, on defense, where we really struggled, we kept the status quo + another 5-7th Dman.

But you can't ask fans ''who would you have gotten?''. If we knew the answer to that, we'd be working for a NHL team. Who knows who was or could have been interested in coming here? Who knows what trade could have happened?
It's not fair to ask regular guys, simple fans, that question. But there's no reason to believe it can't be done.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote