View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Randy Cunneyworth used Subban better than Therrien. Between this and the terrible PK tactics, I wonder about Daigneault.

More important that the other guys don't get to shoot at all. "Clearing the net" is highly visible, but not nearly as impactful. Especially since while you're doing it you risk screening your goalie yourself.

Chara and Weber's real value isn't in "clearing the net". They're awesome at regaining and maintaining possession of the puck.
You say tomato I say tomato... both are important. Chara gets puck possession by punching guys in the back of the head. And yeah, I'd say it's a huge part of Chara and Webber's game. We need some of that on our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
I know what it is, I just misread his post. It's case of firing first, then not giving a ****. Whtwver were arguih about, I still think youre wrong
I don't think you do. You really don't seem to understand the concept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
I understand the frustration I really do but you have to realize that the cap changes things. We cannot build a team by trade or free agency we have to build from within. While you're doing that you have to put a product on the ice. Changing Briere, Bouillon, Drewiske, Desharnais or whoever you don't like for whoever you like will just make you fell better.
That's exactly my point dude... did you miss that? There's a cap now so you don't waste the cap space on Briere.

You can use the cap space to your advantage when you have it (which we did) to leverage teams who are in cap trouble. We could've done this with the Flyers for example but instead we wasted the space on Briere.

THAT's what's frustrating.
Quote:
What we all really want is to see is the team among the elite year in year out. That takes time. Before Detroit became the powerhouse organization we know they were the laughing stock of the nhl for 30 years even worst with Chicago.
Dude, you're preaching to the choir. By all means take your time building the team. But at the same time don't saddle yourself with Briere when you have acute needs. All I'm saying is that we ignored our actual needs and got something that we had too much of. Folks saying that we couldn't have done anything better are being far too forgiving. We wasted cap space that could've been used on actual needs.
Quote:
Over the years the team stumbled badly. Because of those stumbling we tend to look at our feet instead of ahead. I think we're on the right track. Bergevin will make errors, nobody's perfect (even you whiskey ) but if his errors are short term we can live with that.
Okay, I have no problem with a guy making mistakes. But some mistakes are blatant and just shouldn't be made. This falls into that category. Our needs are obvious and pressing. So ADDRESS them. And don't go making current problems worse.

There's no excuse for this.

Quote:
He built an organization that is the envy of the nhl right now. That, long term, is the most important.
Now some of Gauthier's picks are almost ready for the show. That's mid-term.
Short term is putting a product on the ice that competitive and will be fun to watch until we have the horse to be an elite team.

Have heart I think we are closer than many thinks.
I think we're close too. That's what made this offseason so frustrating man. You add in a big shutdown guy and we'd be a lot better. Take away Briere and put in Morrow and we're better still. And if we'd gotten Bobby Ryan we'd be in great shape....

I'm not saying we're a bad team. Three players emerged last year out of nowhere. All are a big part of our future now... that's great! We've got great players in Subban, Price, Max... it's not like we don't have anything to work with.

So why go and be stupid? Why ignore the size problem? Why make it worse? And for the love of God, why not fix the D?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote