Old
09-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think he's ready too.

But that doesnt' mean we don't need a big shutdown blueliner to go with him. Tinordi's a rookie. Just because he's an NHL ready rookie doesn't change anything. Our D is weak defensively. We need a guy who can log big minutes in a defensive role who can actually clear the crease and kill penalties. We don't have this right now so the burden will be put on Tinordi. Maybe Murray can help out but he seems awfully slow.

A legit number three shutdown guy was needed in the worst way and I don't think we addressed this problem. Tinordi and Murray might work out but we're rolling the dice.

My fingers are crossed but I don't like the look of our D at all from a defensive standpoint. Offensively? That's a different story.
Emelin is the guy you're looking for, so why make a panic trade when he'll be back 2 months into the season.

You keep saying the defense is weak defensively, yet you can't bring any statistical evidence to show that. Just because Markov Diaz and Gorges are not 6'5" 240lbs it doesn't mean they are weak defensively, but you can't seem to grasp this...

People have blamed Price for the poor GAA down the stretch, and the numbers clearly bare it out.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote