2014 Draft Picks, Preseason Schedule (finalized), Media Links, Salary Cap, (post #1)
View Single Post
09-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Originally Posted by
Well based on Dave Isaac's blog, Laughton has not played any other position than C. Seems like an unwise choice to have him be at W if he's never played there, especially at the NHL level. So given that, I'm not sure Raffl is really fighting for a spot now. Laughton seems to be battling Hall, unless there is competition between Raffl/VV.
Also according to Isaac's blog, the lines at today's practice looked like this:
Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
- Lecavalier - Schenn
Talbot - Couturier - Read
Coburn - Timonen
Schenn - Streit
Grossmann - Meszaros
Gustafsson - Gill
Lauridsen - Gervais
This all seems to imply a few things:
1. Talbot seems to be the winger pegged for Couturier's off-wing.
2. Assuming Simmonds is going to be on the roster, Raffl and VandeVelde are just placeholders at this point in time.
3. Laughton may make the team as a 4th line center sending Hall to the pressbox.
4. They don't see Laughton as a winger at this point in time.
5. If Rosehill goes to the pressbox, Raffl or VandeVelde could be a fourth liner on the team instead.
6. The organization seems Talbot in the top 9.
7. Hartnell is staying with Giroux, and Schenn is staying with Lecavalier.
8. Coburn is going back with Timonen while Schenn is playing with Streit.
9. Gustafsson's poor camp so far has put him behind Meszaros meaning he could get waived if Meszaros doesn't get moved.
10. They might be keeping tabs on Gill in case they do move someone.
All that and I'm still not even really sure why Lauridsen is still in camp outside of rounding out the numbers on defense.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by CS