View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Lots of guys start playing 4th line, look no further then Richie. Plus Laughton projects to be a good 3C, so it's still a bottom six role. I understand wanting to leave him in juniors but if the Flyers give him a shot in the NHL then I would be completely ok with it.

I'm pretty sure VV is being looked at as a 4th liner who can pk, I doubt he's in the discussions for the LW spot.

Btw B Schenn never played anything but C before coming to Philly and that didn't stop them from moving him to wing with Briere two years ago. Granted his split time at wing but I don't see why they couldn't do that with Laughton too. Plus it's not like once you play one position you can never go back.
I get that, but do you think its smart to put a player who's never played there in an NHL game. That's not really a spot you "try things out" at. Especially if he can go back to juniors, maybe his junior team can throw him at W to help the learning curve. I'm not a fan of learning on the job when the games count. That's how mistakes happen and games get lost.