View Single Post
Old
11-21-2006, 08:24 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Point 2 is the most difficult because he is getting 5.75 per season and we would be on the hook for at least 4 million. They would be carring 3 goalies and the whole point of getting Forsberg would be for him to play with Kovy and Sammy so point 2 is probably the strongest arguement.
Well the original rumour included Sammy and Abby in the trade. If we deal Abby and an other player we easily free up the money. We allready have nearly 3 mill free. And if we send Niinimaa down we free up an other 2 mill if I'm not mistaken. And I disagree when you say the reason to get Frosberg would be to have him play with Sammy and Kovy. Lines without Sammy would look better in my book. Lats - Forsberg - Kovy would be nice. I could definetly see Lats scoring his fair share of goals on passes from Forsberg. Or if not Lats then Higgins.

The short version is. Trade Abby and send down Niinimaa and I think you'd have enough room under the cap.

It's fun to discuss but it's not going to happen. But the mental exercise is interesting.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote