View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 01:42 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Really? I am finding it very easy to look away. Although I did watch the last game. But still, with the Eskies in the shape that they are in, I probably won't turn in next season either, unless Rhodes and Reed are gone.
Hey listen I am all aboard for the departure of Rhodes and Reed. I have been pounding that drum since before the season started. I didnt need to see the team on the field to understand that Rhodes was part of the problem. What cemented that for me was hearing him talk about Reeds job security before the GM was in place. When a non football man starts making football decisions and neutering the pending GM all you can do is shake your head.
Sound evidence that the this team has no direction and teams with no direction inevitably fail.

Having said that if I am a betting man (which I am ) I am willing to bet that Rhodes and Reed are still here next season regardless of how poorly the team does. Experience (on the player side) will undoubtedly mean the team improves next season which means those 2 clowns stay around for a few years at least. There is a strong chance the Reed grows up into a man (instead of a sniveling, tantrum throwing little drama queen)
and figures a few things out between now and 2015 as well.

So to sum it all up...we have a non football man making football decisions....a rookie GM who didnt get to pick his coach and made his own recruiting mistakes and figured the 'Rebuild' mantra would buy some time and forgiveness...a head coach that thinks that drama has more value than strategy and preparation...and a board of directors that doesn't have to answer to anybody.

If this team can spin success out of all that then clearly there is a place for fantasy in football.