View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Lshap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathronas View Post
This year no, next year yes. From what I hear from training camp Tinordi and Pateryn are the 2 prospects who are ready for the NHL. I would still wait for next year but you get my drift. Barring injuries they'll replace Bouillon and Murray next year maybe sooner.
Both Pateryn and Tinordi are big defensive defensemen, which is exactly where our holes are and what we need to strengthen our D. Combine them with Emelin and Gorges and Montreal might have much-improved defensive core in a couple of years.

Meanwhile, our offensive D with Subban and Diaz could compensate for Markov's departure with a maturing Beaulieu and possibly Dietz. And remember - all these young guys are coming up learning the same system.

In two years, the oldest player of this group will be Gorges at 31. Pretty young overall. The smallest of this group will be Diaz at 5'11". Pretty decent size overall.

So by 2015 our D will likely be bigger and stronger in our end and, depending on how well Beaulieu develops, we could still have great forechecking. The catch? Expect rookie learning curves to take us one step back before moving two steps forward. Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu and Dietz are all very raw.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote