View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The guy actually played a lot better than his stats suggested last year. He got ripped off on a goal by the refs on the first game of the year and it kind of set the tone for everything. He's a wicked, wicked player.

That said, I think the contract is crazy right now. 5 mil for 25? Sure. 6 year for 30? Okay. But 7 years at 42 was unnecessary. I don't see that guy turning down 5 for 25 and if he does then go the bridge route. The contract could easily be a bargain, but it's too early in his career to make that kind of commitment in my opinion.
I watched a lot of RNH last season and he wasn't very good. This was solely due to his bad shoulder which continues to be a problem for him. Hopefully surgery will permanently correct the problem but the Oilers and their Mickey Mouse management team took an unwise gamble in signing him to this contract.

The reason for the 7 year deal is so that Hall, Eberle and RNH's contracts would expire in consecutive seasons and the team would not have to negotiate with two of them simultaneously. Under this structure the options would have been 4 years which wouldn't eat any UFA eligibility or 7 years which would bite into multiple UFA eligibilities.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote