View Single Post
Old
09-20-2013, 05:16 PM
orange is better
Mayor of Seeyasville

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Raffl may not be a guy who hits hard or fights often, (he did have several fights in the Austrian league though, including obliging Burke Henry, who is pretty mean) but I don't think he is soft persay.

From what I have seen so far in preseason and 2 games I saw of him on the top line for Austria at the World Champs he is pretty damn good two way, doesn't get bullied off the puck, is not hesitant to battle on the boards, backchecks well.

Not saying he won't be the next Pyörälä, but he has some grit to his game.
I was at the rangers game on Tuesday and I distinctly took note of the play when raffl was hit heavily in the corner by a ranger (I forget who it was) and immediately popped up and booked it to the other end of the ice and got right into the play in the corners again.

He's definitely not a soft player. He's not going to lay anyone out, but he's not soft either.

Also, as for the Laughton situation; if he makes the team as the 4th C, hall should be scratched or waived. Talbot and Rinaldo should be the cemented 4th line Ws, with Rosehill waiting in the wings if Rinaldo is injured, suspended or isn't playing well. I don't want hall or Laughton on the wing.

If Laughton makes the team, is like to see:

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Raffl-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Rosehill

Last edited by orange is better: 09-20-2013 at 05:21 PM.